www.primaryschools.ie is maintained by Access Education Ltd. Access Education respects the rights of its users and does not collect personal information of any kind without your permission. Any personal information which you volunteer will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Acts, 1988-2003 and the European Communities (Electronic Communications Networks and Services) (Privacy and Electronic Communications) Regulations 2011.
Collection and use of personal information
The www.primaryschools.ie website does not collect any personal data, apart from information that you volunteer; for example, when filling out an application form or asking a question. Any information you provide in this way is used only for the purpose you provide it.
Information we routinely collect
We may collect the following information from each user of this site:
• Statistical information (IP address and hostname, web browser version, pages visited etc.).
• The previous website address from which you reached us, including any search terms used
• The operating system used to reach our website and the date and time of your visit
What we use the information for
Any personal information you provide will be used only for the purpose supplied. Your details relating to queries about Access Education Ltd.’s service will be deleted from the system after a set period of time.
Access Education are data processors compliant with the Data Protection Acts, 1988-2003 and information you provide to schools as part of your child’s application remains the property of the school as data controllers and will be retained by the school in question according to their own data retention policies. Any other information collected, is used only for analysing usage patterns, in order to guide us in improving the site.
Access Education Ltd. will neither make attempts to identify individual visitors, nor associate the technical details listed above with any individual. It is our policy never to disclose such technical information in respect of individual website visitors to any third party unless obliged to disclose such information by a rule of law. The technical information will be used only for statistical and other administrative purposes.
You should note that technical details, which we cannot associate with any identifiable individual, do not constitute “personal data” for the purposes of the Data Protection Acts, 1988 – 2003.
Disclosure of Your Information
We will not use your personal information or data for a purpose other than the purposes for which you supplied it, and will not disclose it to any other person or organisation unless:
• The information is necessary to facilitate answering of a query or specific request, which you have made;
• We are required by law to do so; or
• There are reasonable grounds to believe that disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health; or
• That person or organisation is an agent or contractor providing a service to Access Education Ltd., who will be required to maintain the same or similar privacy principles as specified in privacy legislation; or
• You have given us consent to do so.
Further Information or to make a request
If you are concerned about how personal data is processed via this website, please do not hesitate to bring such concerns to our attention at:
Access Education Ltd.,
2 Millrace Court,